[Coco] [Color Computer] Want to see some of the ENIAC in, person?

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Jul 18 21:40:08 EDT 2012

I won't be able to attend this get together (as much as I would love
to), but I am wondering about a few things regarding the collection,
after looking at the pics (if anybody knows):

1. Does anyone know what will happen to the collection when Mr. Perot
passes away?

2. Does anyone know of any valid/actual electronic contact information
for Mr. Perot so I could send him a thank you for this collection?

I am concerned about this collection; for a machine which has changed
and challenged us as a species, we seem pretty intent on destroying or
allowing to be destroyed the history (and data - so much data) of computing.

We have treated the automobile and the airplane with far more respect;
while both great examples of technology which has shaped our history for
better or worse, I dare to day that the computer will outstrip both in
this regard. This machine is already augmenting our minds and changing
us socially, yet it isn't celebrated in anywhere near the same manner. I
don't know why this is; maybe ignorance, maybe fear.

I hope this collection survives Mr. Perot, and doesn't disappear after
his passing. I really want to thank him for giving some of us this
opportunity to learn more about the history of computing through his
interesting collection.

I tried to find an email address or a twitter account, or something - to
send him a short note, but I can't really tell if what I did find was
real or not. I'm not even sure how I could find out a snail-mail
address, if that's all that exists. If anyone knows how I could contact
him, I'd love to know...

Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona