[Coco] Detecting carts

camillus Blockx camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:43:27 EDT 2012

I would patch the midi pack eprom (rom) at the very end with two known
bytes, let's say "G""P" and change reset or start up vector to point to a
small routine, that check for this two bytes, and print "No card
availlable" by lack of it and then jump into never ending loop.
If card is present then clear screen and jump to regular address into code.
Probably basic rom or firmware midipack. This only work if you have enough
space in GMD to put the patch routine in.

just an idea. succes

gba