[Coco] Detecting carts

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Jul 4 12:00:42 EDT 2012

Hi guys,
 Anyone know of an easy way in "C" (or M/L sub) to detect the presence of certain catridges?
Here is what I'm trying to do.
I need to be able to detect the presence of the Gleneside Midi Pak (100% Speech Systems Comp) .
My problem is, if I run Midi software and and this cart is accessed but not present, on exit the program hangs due to trying to close the port.
The cart is being accessed directly, not through a driver.
If this could be done, I need a way to detect:

Gleneside Midi Pak (or Speech Systems Midi Pak)
Colorchestra Midi Pak
Speech Systems Stereo Pak
RS Speech & Sound pak.
And possibly the Intercomp Sound Midi pak.

I'm running Nitros9, Coco 3, Disto 1 Meg, Grey Multi Pak Interface (pal fixed) with Drivewire4

Also, what is the easiest way to detect if Drivewire is is installed? (Os9 side)

Thanks

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com