[Coco] Windows 7 CoCo emulator blues the colors never appear correctly under Windows 7 in full screen

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Jan 28 14:42:04 EST 2012

Roy J Lores wrote:
> Let me try to explain this as it has nothing and I repeat nothing to do with
> the RGB and Composite modes CoCo Emulators naturally have as those modes
> work fine under Windows 7as long as you operate the emulator in Window mode
> as opposed to Fullscreen mode.
>

> It is in Fullscreen mode that one gets into serious trouble running under
> Windows 7 with both color palettes messed up.
>

> Now does anyone and I mean anyone runs VCC or MESS under Windows 7,
> especially VCC and if so how have they managed to solve this problem?

Well to start, your problem has nothing to do with palette colors. What you are
describing is a lack of video compatibility of a program written for DirectX 8
or 9 running on Windows 7 with uses a more recent DirectX version that is not
completely backwards compatible.

Steve Bjork has confirmed your Windows 7 VCC problem. I can report that it does
not occur under WinXP with DirectX 9.0c when VCC F11 is used. If you can locate
Joseph Forgione, you might be able to talk him into an update for Windows 7.
Short of that, there's not likely anything you can do.