[Coco] Cleaning Coco disks (gene heskett)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 17:41:36 EST 2012

Here;s the one I found..

http://floppydisk.com/cleaner.htm

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew <keeper63 at cox.net>
To: coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Sat, Jan 21, 2012 12:00 pm
Subject: Re: [Coco] Cleaning Coco disks (gene heskett)

Gene (or anyone else),
Would you know of any tutorials or anything on how to clean and adjust
.25" drives in general (and CoCo drives in particular)?
I haven't been successful at finding any cleaning disks (long out of
anufacture, I imagine - though I remember reading back in the day that
hey weren't really recommended?).
Is it possible to adjust drives without needing more than the drive and
aybe a known-good floppy? I own a couple of dual-trace scopes if that
ould help...
I have a few of these older drives in my collection, and I just want to
ake them last as long as possible...
Thank you,
-- Andrew L Ayers, Glendale, Arizona