[Coco] Cleaning Coco disks (gene heskett)

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Sat Jan 21 11:59:48 EST 2012

Gene (or anyone else),

Would you know of any tutorials or anything on how to clean and adjust
5.25" drives in general (and CoCo drives in particular)?

I haven't been successful at finding any cleaning disks (long out of
manufacture, I imagine - though I remember reading back in the day that
they weren't really recommended?).

Is it possible to adjust drives without needing more than the drive and
maybe a known-good floppy? I own a couple of dual-trace scopes if that
would help...

I have a few of these older drives in my collection, and I just want to
make them last as long as possible...

Thank you,

-- Andrew L Ayers, Glendale, Arizona