[Coco] HDBDOS/drivewire discovery

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jan 14 02:34:18 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 05:15:48PM +1000, Bob Devries wrote:
> My RSDISK programme was written to access the files on a virtual disk image
> file. At the time, I did not envisage having multiple "disks" in a file.

Yeah, it was before people started passing around *hard drive* images
in addition to floppy images.

> Having said that, it should be quite trivial to modify the source (which is
> included in the archive on RTSI) to ask the user for a disk number (0 to
> 255), and multiply that by 161280 to get the offset to the wanted disk in
> the image file.

It certainly doesn't look bad.  Every example of your code that I've
seen has been clean and readable.

> The only caveat I can think of is that for the above offset to work
> correctly, the disks in the image *must* be 35 tracks, 18 sectors and 256
> bytes per sector.

Which RGBDOS/HDBDOS images are.  Pretty much by definition, I believe.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard