[Coco] HDBDOS/drivewire discovery

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 02:15:48 EST 2012

My RSDISK programme was written to access the files on a virtual disk image
file. At the time, I did not envisage having multiple "disks" in a file.

Having said that, it should be quite trivial to modify the source (which is
included in the archive on RTSI) to ask the user for a disk number (0 to
255), and multiply that by 161280 to get the offset to the wanted disk in
the image file.

I did write a small util using Dev-Cpp to split a disk image into its
component disks, but I can't find that just now. Still, the principal is the
same.

The only caveat I can think of is that for the above offset to work
correctly, the disks in the image *must* be 35 tracks, 18 sectors and 256
bytes per sector.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia