[Coco] ps2 mouse on coco

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 10 03:09:35 EST 2012

On 10/01/2012 12:43 PM, Robert Hermanek wrote:

> That being said, thought I'd post this as a little converstaion starter,
> thought if anyone had already done this they could throw in their two
> cents.

I have done simple PS/2 communications in VHDL (for FPGA) so I know a bit
about the protocol etc. I've also done changes to a PS/2 keyboard routine on
an old PIC micro.

As David mentions elsewhere in this thread, your best bet is probably a
cheap micro, and do the relative->absolute conversion in there, rather than
tying up CPU cycles on the Coco. You could even make it emulate an existing
serial mouse (via the micro UART of course), negating the need for a driver,
and would also get you compatibility under various OSes (RSDOS, OS/9,
proprietary software etc).

Regards,