[Coco] Off Topic but neato "Tiny $35 Raspberry Pi computer causes big stir on launch day"

haywire666 at aol.com haywire666 at aol.com
Wed Feb 29 21:44:16 EST 2012

Lots of people have built mini pc motherboards running emulators into old amiga cases. There is a ready made adapter for those amiga keyboards
to pc. I built one myself, because amiga hardware is rather flaky and expensive as hell lately. Emulation offers the fastest experience
possible for very little money, but some purists still insist on real hardware. To me the case/keyboard and mouse are the same, but the computer
can do so much more than a regular amiga (tripleboot amiga os, linux and windows 7)

Also, getting an amiga, real time graphic card, scandoubler for old games, network card, cpu upgrade accellerator, ide hard drive and so on is REAL expensive,.

I'm sure an fpga in a coco case could be done, same for a mini pc motherboard running jeff's dos emulator or vcc I suppose.

Some people prefer to real hardware, I think for coco, I prefer the real one.

To each his own I suppose.

I had a slimline pc that was a dedicated coco emulator for awhile. It booted to freedos and then jeff's coco 3 emulator.
I even had it running under desqview so I could have many instances of basic at once. Pretty nice setup. One of those instances
could run os9, regular basic in the other instances and so on... nice.

Steven