[Coco] OS-9 Level 1

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:05:04 EST 2012

I am sorry to hear those disks are bad. It appears some good will come of
this. It looks like the Level 1 RS disks will actually make it into a
repository before this is all said and done. Today I received a copy of the
Dragon version of Basic09 and a pdf of the Dragon Basic09 manual. I have
already looked at the program. There is definitely a size difference from
the Tandy L2 version, but the differences are few. The size difference is
mostly due to the licence text stating Dragon Data Ltd. instead of Tandy
Corp., and the only other differences are some of the header values, the crc
and 4 bytes of code. The bug fix idea may be correct, but I am still
checking it out. The program does execute under NOS-9 6309 L2, but I have
yet to try to load, edit or run any procedure in it to see what happens.

To everyone who has taken part in this effort, I thank you. To those who are
producing the disk images, I thank you. Soon I believe my collection will be
complete, and the L1 disks can take their rightful place in the OS9
repositories around the net for preservation. It's nice to know copies of
the originals still exist to be preserved.

Wayne
--
Basic09 is the language of the future ;)

Need to recover Basic09 I-Code source?
Download http://cococoding.com/wayne/decode.os9

asa.rand at gmail.com