[Coco] Does anyone know how to start OS9 Sierra games?

Fri Feb 24 23:06:44 EST 2012

Hi,

Repeating what I said at the bottom, both top and bottom posting at the same
time sometimes does not work.

The supplied VHD for VCC works just fine, but you need to read the
instructions, perhaps read what I was told when I had problems following
instructions.

> In VCC, you need to configure for using RGB DOS. Pull down the Cartridge
> menu, and select FD502 Config, and click the button beside RGBDOS.
>
> This will allow you to boot from the HD image with DOS255.
>
> HTH,
> Regards, Bob Devries

If you still have problems, I tested starting NitrOS-9 on my running copy of
VCC just fine.

Perhaps you should download this also:

http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/Downloads/RGBDOS.zip

from http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/CoCo_main.htm

SHF

More permanent copy of these instructions:

http://tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=603&sid=5a626477bc7124ba59f206d2c23e16d3#p603

If you just wish to run games, that is all you need to do.

If you want to program in "C", I have created a set of shellplus 2.1 scripts
to make the experience more pleasant.

I do not like many things in that VHD and NitrOS-9 in general that are very
poor choices IMHO.