[Coco] OS9 Unmodified MIDI file player

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Feb 23 09:37:19 EST 2012

On Thursday, February 23, 2012 09:32:51 AM Paul Seniura did opine:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:21:33 -0600, Allen Huffman wrote:
> > Wasn't this done by... I can't remember his name, but I think he lived
> > in Oklahoma? Paul S... Something?
>
> I'm surprised I am "remembered"!
>
> Yes I am still alive.  ;)
>
> I also did the "V" theme (original 1980s TV mini-series)
> using a Roland MT-32
> which I understand was a big 'hit'
> that Mike Knudson played at those early CoCoFests  :)
> (I couldn't attend, still can't attend).
>
> I don't have a CoCo any more.
> AAMOF I've lost most personal things recently-ish.
> Meaning, sorry to say,
> I can't help with this MIDI File Player any more.
> (Lots of history to go into,
>  if anyone is interested
>  I can explain thru email.)

Sorry to hear that Paul, and my apologies for the credits mixup in an
earlier msg.

> BTW I am monitoring this list via Gmane
> (the obfuscated email addy _does_ work)
> and am enjoying all the 'nostalgia' here.
>
> FWIW I use MacOSX mostly for its BSD engine
> (I build and run tons of open-source software)
> but am planning to ditch the fruit very soon
> and go with full open "dream machine" system
> (due to political amongst other nastyness).
> I definitely can "blame" CoCo/OS-9 for my
> continued deep interest in *ix matters.

Mine too. I went from the coco to a big box amiga, then to linux.  I've
only ever owned one windows machine, a laptop I bought new when XP was new,
and promptly installed linux on.  But my coco still runs. I log into it
from here with a minicom session, or with drivewire4.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Phone call for chucky-pooh.