[Coco] New Overhauled CoCoBoot / Nitros9 Lizard

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 19 09:35:11 EST 2012

On Sunday, February 19, 2012 09:26:19 AM Christopher Hawks did opine:

> Brett Gordon said the following on 02/18/2012 03:44 PM:
> > Good news Chris!  I think me and Robert Gault found a 6309 bug in the
> > v2 wizard.  there's a version 3 wizard on SF now.  I'm a wee surprised
> > that CoCoBoot didn't find the OS9Boot file on the RBF... I guess LSN0
> > works just as well.  CoCoboot's directory scanner is indeed
> > case-sensitive, btw.. and it expects "OS9Boot", and the same with
> > "ccbkrn".
>
> 	Found the problem. The directory entry had extra characters after
> OS9Boot. The high bit of the 't' was set (indicating the end of the
> name in OS9), but, maybe the Forth name parsing was looking for a 0 to
> end the name (like a modern string). Anyway, editing the directory
> entry made the booting from RBF work! Neat Stuff!!

Gah!  That has bit me once or twice, and is one of the problems a couple of
the directory sorters I wrote address Chris.  GSort(14) does this, and IIRC
DSort does too, cleaning up all that stuff as it rewrites and compacts the
directory file.  GSort isn't only a multivue util, it runs from the cli
just as well.

[...]

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Preserve wildlife -- pickle a squirrel today!