[Coco] New Overhauled CoCoBoot / Nitros9 Lizard

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:10:28 EST 2012

OK... after that last false start here we go again.  CoCoBoot has been
re-engineered to be kinder, gentler to the FDC and IDE controllers.
This new version of the "lizard", I mean *wizard*, now boots in a
total different way.  No more automagic probing of hardware as this
was (1) taking up precious boot-track space, (2) Made HDB-IDE
partitions particularly difficult to setup, and (3) driving me insane.

The CCB core has been updated to ver .51a, but the "noswiz" package
has precompiled binaries for your consumption.

To get:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cocoboot/files/noswiz_v2.zip/download

Differences to last lizard:

1. There are now specific drive images depending on where you'll be
   booting the wizard from the first time.
2. NOSWIZ asks you some more questions about your IDE controller (if
   you have one)

Willard:  I tested with my SuperIDE on both ff50 and ff70... it works.

Christoper:  Works fine with Xroar... just as slow and as ungly as my
real CoCo2 :)

Enjoy,

Brett M. Gordon
beretta42 at gmail.com