[Coco] Fahrfall is Great

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Feb 13 10:54:14 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 07:39:26PM -0500, Jeremy Michea wrote:
> Just tried it on a Coco 2 and am very impressed John. You’ve done
> a fantastic job. Its a very fun, and addicting little game. I kept
> going back over and over to try to beat my high score and as I’ve
> said in my various youtube reviews, that’s a sign of a great game
> when you feel compelled to keep coming back to it. Congratulations.

Hey, thanks!  I've enjoyed the game myself.  DOWNFALL (the game that
inspired Fahrfall) has the same quality.

> As a side note, I couldn’t get it to run on a stock Coco 3 but
> it worked fine on a 2. I don’t know if that is a problem or it just
> isn’t designed to run on a 3.

Right, it just doesn't work on a CoCo3.  I would like to support
that platform at some point, but it just isn't a priority for me at
the moment.  Honestly, I'm more interested in making sure that it
works on the Dragon, the CP400, and other "clone" machines ATM. :-)

> Anyway, I look forward to future updates and games you may make
> and thanks for a great addition to the coco gaming library

I still have some other ideas to improve the gameplay and the rewards
system, as well as some "finishing touches" here and there.  I hope
to get back on it soon.  Lately I've put more energy into prepping
a Pelican Case for my CoCo stuff, so that Fahrfall and I can go on
the road... :-)

John