[Coco] noswiz doesn't work for me...

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:03:07 EST 2012

Yeah... I didn't know the floppy decodes into the ff50-ff59 range
too... This is the source of Christopher Hawk's problem with xroar
too.

I don't think there should be a formatting problem between the
Glenside and SuperIDE, as long as they both use LBA mode. CCB only
supports LBA mode (there's actually a reason for that...)

In a nut shell:
  - CoCoBoot does a "read sector 0" from IDE, which stores a 0xe0 to ff55.
  - if a FDC is in the map, then ff55 is a mirror of ff40.. the FDC control reg.
  - a value of 0xE0 turns on the FDC's HALT,SIDE, and NMI bits.

I'll have to change CCB not to blindly try to use the IDE on boot, to
be nice to the possibility of a FDC being there instead!

I guess this is a good reason to use ff70 for the IDE's address, but
I'm sure that conflicts with other things then....

I'll work on a "nicer" IDE detection algorithm which should go hand in
hand with different base address support.

Thanks for trying CCB out guys!  With out these "is doesn't work"
reports, I'd never be able to improve/debug things!

Sincerely,

Brett Gordon

--
Brett M. Gordon,