[Coco] noswiz doesn't work for me...

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:44:09 EST 2012

Hmm... it sounds like you might have your os9 images setting in
HDB-DOS partitions.  This is a configuration I didn't account for (in
the wizard).   Thankfully, Aaron's DriveWire protocol allow CoCoBoot
to change its settings "on the fly",  so its entirely possible to
write a boot-up script and have cocoboot turn "on" the HDB-DOS
translation before trying to find your os9 image.  Probably a better
way of doing it would be to copy the wizard.dsk into a HDB-DOS
partition.   The wizard can do this:

1. in DW turn OFF your HDB-DOS Translation.
2. in DW insert noswiz.dsk into drive 0
3. boot up cocoboot from DW drive 0 - wait for the wizard to show up
4. in DW turn ON your HDB-DOS Translation, and insert your regular HDB-DOS disk.
5. when prompted for if you'll be using HDBDOS in the wizard, answer: "no"
6. when prompted for your os9 disk, choose "drivewire" and your disk no.
7. when prompted for your target choose "drivewire" and disk 0.
8. when prompted for your source choose "ram"
9 the wizard will then clone itself onto your HDB-DOS DriveWire image 0.
10. reboot and leave your HDB-DOS Translation ON from now on.

If you don't want CoCoBoot in drive 0 of your HDB-DOS image, then
there maybe an alternate solution for you.  Upgrading to the latest DW
will be required.  The latest DW supports "name objects".  Before I
instruct you further, I'll do a quick test, and talk with Aaron about
how "HDB-DOS" translation work with named objects.  I think you just
have to change the filename (or make a copy) of noswiz.dsk to
"CoCoBoot.isave"... let me test if on my machine first.  I'll email
you back privately.

Brett Gordon