[Coco] noswiz doesn't work for me...

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:47:50 EST 2012

Christopher,

CoCoBoot (and BASIC) is hanging on xroar anytime it writes to the
0xff50-0xff57 region of the io space.  CoCoBoot is trying to find an
IDE harddrive there.   Xroar reports a "WD2793  bad command error".
I'm assuming xroar is putting a FDC controller there (rather than at
0xff40 ?)  I am uncertain whether this can be disabled via a xroar
config setting.  It beleive this is the problem as CoCoBoot boots with
no problems without an IDE controller on a real CoCo2 or CoCo3, and on
Mess.   I'll keep dabbling an see if there's a work-around.

Sincerely,

Brett Gordon