[Coco] Coco 1/2 RF faint?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:11:15 EST 2012

In my experience, yes this is due to inferior signal quality of the RF
output compared to composite.
However, you may be able to improve it quite a bit.  As you mentioned,
adjustments to brightness and contract can help.  Reducing the amount
of "color" on older TVs used to help a lot with sharpness.
You can also try to improve the signal path, confirm solid connections
and make it as short as possible and avoid going near/parallel to
things that might generate their own RF interference.
You may also find that your TV can fine tune the frequency associated
with "channel 3" or 4.  Adjusting this can make a big difference in
quality.
And finally... some tuners/TVs are just "better" than others.. if you
have more than one option, try another viewing device.