[Coco] Thoughts on modern computers (sort of off topic)

Timothy Keith timothy.g.keith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:06:48 EST 2012

I think Linux might be as friendly as was the old Coco RSDOS if more
people learned Python. Linux can be like buying unfinished furniture,
you can use it as is, or make it over. Linux is not as daunting to
program when you focus on something like Python.  At first glance
Windows does not draw you into wanting to know everything about
Microsoft.  At some point the complexities of Microsoft shine through
as well.  It is what it is.  Microsoft is okay, Linux is okay. It has
all become too complex to become an all around guru.  Pick some domain
within Linux that you enjoy and learn it well, become an advocate.