[Coco] [Color Computer] Questions, Questions, Questions...

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Dec 31 21:24:22 EST 2012

On Monday 31 December 2012 20:56:11 john.bielak did opine:

> Hi!
>
> I've recently been dusting off my old CoCo's and as I've been out of it
> for the longest time I had a bunch of Quasi-Newbie questions :)
>
> I was considering putting in the alternative PAL chip on a Multi Pak
> Interface, so I could use it with a CoCo 3, but was wondering if anyone
> knew if it would cause problems using with a CoCo 1/2 afterwards.

Works just fine.

> Any suggestions about using A CoCo with a modern Monitor/TV?  I've got a
> Composite to VGA converter that works moderately well (though not
> spectacularly) with some other retro equipment... and one brilliant
> little mod board that makes a TS-1000 look amazing on LCD/Plasma
> display. I'm going to drop in the Composite mod for the CoCo2, and
> there's I have an RGB to VGA converter I want to try with the CoCo 3
> once I wire together cables... but does anyone have any suggestions
> based on their experiences?
>
> I recently picked up a Coco3.com Drive Pak and Wireless RS-232 Pak in a
> bundled eBay auction and was wondering:

For that, do one more thing while you have the covers off the MPI. Remove 3
of the 4 resistors along the front edge of the board which are connected to
the 4 sockets pin 8's, then solder a bridge wire to make all socket pin 8's
common.  Otherwise the IRQ's from either pack will not reliably get thru to
the cpu, and comm programs will fail miserably.