[Coco] RadioShack returns...

Thu Dec 20 19:47:36 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Ciotti" <lciotti1 at gmail.com>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] RadioShack returns...

> As for Jameco, sure they have kits, but It would be nice to just pop down
> to the local store and pick something up.

Well it is just a short drive up 101. But only will call so no help.

HSC which is much closer does have kits, but I have not been in there for ~
a year.

http://www.halted.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?&product_id=25325&czuid=1356050115500

I got three of these with WHITE LED's and use them under my chin to see my
whiskers when shaving, I wanted something that laid flat. Works really
great!

A kit for me is just a part that does the main job and National Semi's
databook (Or others) has a sample circuit.
Just like Tandy built the Coco from a sample diagram in Motorola's data
sheet.

> Oh yea, how about having employees has some basic electronics training, or
> at least one ex-technician where you can ask questions and get answers.

Here in Silicon Valley, if you know anything about electronics you can get a
very much better paying job very easy. That's why TV repair is so bad here!