[Coco] RadioShack returns...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 20 00:20:30 EST 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 10:54 PM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:
> How about a Coco kit? This would be a great project for RS. To be able to build an emulation of one of their most popular computers with their parts. The kit would include the main board (any of the afore mentioned solutions) a simple keyboard, a card reader able to read "dsk" and "vhd" files, mouse connector (mouse could be included as a kit), connections for adding boards to support old joysticks, modems (serial or rs232 for DW), and carts, and a monitor out (hdmi, vga, etc. which ever the board supported).
> What better digital electronics educational kit than a Coco?

I've been wondering about that, after seeing the 6809 machine someone here built recently... And they do have a kit computer:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12410867

It comes with the processor and various components and a breadboard, and you power it from a 9V battery... Now, I would love to learn enough to be able to do something like a CoCo 6809 and VDG and such. I assume these new chips are much easier since they have all the I/O, memory and flash built in...

Maybe this could be a community project... We could learn how to build our own CoCo 1 :)

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.