[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: how to load a .bas file into emulator??

robert.gault at att.net robert.gault at att.net
Wed Dec 19 22:27:53 EST 2012

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "mike_78_78" <mlevin666 at ...> wrote:

> Having recovered some .BAS files (with Robert Gault's generous help!), I'm trying to load and run them in a COCO emulator. I've got vcc 1.42 running on a Windows XP machine. I've got the .BAS files in a folder on the desktop. How do I get the emulated virtual COCO to see the files and load them?
>
> thank you!
>
> Mike Levin

You will want to place the programs on a .dsk (disk) image and mount the image in VCC. VCC itself does not have the tools to move files to .dsk images even though it can create .dsk images. Ex. menubar Cartridge/FD-502 Drive0/Insert. Pick a new name.dsk and you will be asked for the type of image.
Other emulators come with tools for moving files to/from disk images. Do a Google search. MESS has imgtool.exe and used to have wimgtool.exe. The JVC Coco emulators have port.exe. You can get the Toolshed package at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/
which contains tools for Disk Basic and OS-9 disk images.