[Coco] An eBay auction - what is it?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Dec 19 17:55:03 EST 2012

On 19 Dec 2012 at 16:42, mike delyea wrote:

> If you zoom in on the controller picture you can clearly see some of the
> lines have been cut out of the cable (look by the word Japan).  Would those
> lines normally be used for the drive select?

Back then, (circa 1982) there was no real standardization for drive cables. Not all floppies
were interchangable. 8 inch floppies were still more common as they were cheaper. By
around 1983 time frame or slightly later 8 inch floppies started to fade into a well deserved
retirement.

The cartridge does look like the original COCO1 disk cartridge. Even the PCB seems to be
the same through the slots in the cartridge. Could be that the output is wired differently for
those drives.

Then again I could be all wet behind the ears or what ever.

james