[Coco] Orchestra 90cc High Speed Mode

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 19:40:59 EST 2012

High Speed Orch90?
Wow, didn' know about that one. I'll remember that when I get back to writing the Orch90 player for Sound Chaser. I had to take a break from working on it so I could get some other projects done but will continue after the first of the year.
I was trying to disassemble the Orch90 rom but according to Jon Bokleman's email I recieved a while back, the code was writen on a Model I and cross assembled so it's all over the place. Instead, I've opted to write my own code based on the knowledge of how the original works. Which is basically like Musica but more in line with the way Lyra does TV play in the last incarnations of the program. The major difference is that both Lyra and Musica decode the music as they play, giving them a grainier sound. Orch90 decodes (scores) the music first into playable code then plays. The other major difference being 2 8-bit dacs as opposed to 1 6-bit dac. Sweeeet.
My "playmus2" player for Sound Chaser will play Musica files in full stereo through the Orch90 (real or VCC emulated). I think since it runs in Level 2 OS9, the high speed is already in effect. I know it sounds awsome.

Bill

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com