[Coco] Dungeons of Daggorath disk version

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:21:43 EST 2012

Robert,

I don't think I am looking at the wrong version. If you can link or attach
the DSK just to be sure?

The version I attached is a special version of the game. It was sold as a
patch.
You purchased the patch, put tape over the cart pins and dumped your own
Binary from the cart.
I think you save it to tape and then transfer to disk.
I believe there are programs on the disk, included with the patch to do
this.
You don't have to do all that now-a-days because the patched binary is
included on the disk.

This version has a basic launcher RUN"DAGORATH

Dungeons of Daggorath supports saving and loading your game progress to
tape.
The in game commands are ZLOAD and ZSAVE

The point of this patch is that it changes the in game commands ZLOAD and
ZSAVE so that you can save your progress to disk.
Just add a name after either ZSAVE or ZLOAD. So if you just defeated that
stone giant type ZSAVE FILE1
The game will save your progress in a file called FILE1.DAG on the disk.
Later you can pick up from there when playing again by typing ZLOAD FILE1
The disk drive activates and the game loads your progress at the point it
was saved.

The great thing about getting this version of DoD to work with DW from ROM
or loaded from disk is that it makes the game self contained.
You can play, load and save game progress all through the DW interface. It
also makes the game more convenient. No tape and tape player is needed.

I hope that clears it up a little. Dungeons of Daggorath is available
everywhere as a binary you can LOADM from disk.
The particular version I attached however make the game disk based as it
interacts with the drive for loading/saving.

Charlie