[Coco] Dungeons of Daggorath disk version

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 23:49:21 EST 2012

Hi Robert.

The version you pointed out is just a dump of the cart rom. That does run
under DW from disk or rom no problems.
The version I am talking about here is a special disk based version. You run
it from disk and while playing you can issue ZLOAD NAME or ZSAVE NAME to
save and load games directly to the disk. So much better than using a tape
drive like the cart version. I forget the details but it was sold as a patch
by a 3rd part company back in the coco's day.
The problem with running this version with DW loaded from disk is that in
the game if you ZSAVE or ZLOAD it looks to the real floppy hardware. So the
game starts but it is the in game commands hard coded for looking at the
floppy.
I'll attach it here again and you can check it out. The .DAG files are my
saved games. Once the game is started and your playing type ZLOAD WIZFINAL
and it will load that game.
Even on a floppy system it can be buggy though and you may have to type it
again if the game says error.

Charlie