[Coco] Dungeons of Daggorath disk version

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Dec 5 20:04:57 EST 2012

Charlie wrote:
> Has anyone considered patching the disk based version of Dungeons of Daggorath to work with DriveWire?
> I have this "diskdag" version that supports loading and saving right from the floppy drive.
> It only works with an actual drive though. You can start the game via DW but if you attempt to zsave / zload it goes to the real hardware.
> If this version was patch for use with DW it would allow anyone that can build a cable to play DoD without the need to have a cassette player / cable.
> "diskdag" also supports some cool things like a real pause and CLEAR repeats your last command.
>
> Just thought I would ask. This seems like it would be a great thing for the coco, Dungeons of Daggorath being one of the coco's most famous games.
>
> Charlie

I've got a version of D of D which works with Drivewire. In fact, it works when
DW HDBDOS is loaded from disk and not in ROM. The only thing to remember is that
the game needs an explicit exec.
LOADM"DAGGORAT":EXEC

The game is available at
http://tandycoco.com/rsdos.html
on GAMES23.DSK from one of the collections. It will be in Briza's Collection but
that is massive. I believe it is in COCO 1,2&3 GAMES in a Coco Games Disks sub
folder.

Robert