[Coco] Have no idea what to call it, but, it WAS New tool: WIRED

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:22:46 EST 2012

On 12/4/2012 1:02 PM, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> Perhaps the Super HDB-DOS project would be something Luis and others would be interested in working on.

There are some very smart people working in this group now...

> Some background: this project was discussed back in September in an email discussion between myself, Mark, Aaron, Darren, Robert Gault and William Astle.  Nothing besides discussion ever took place, and no work was done.
>
> The idea was (and still is) to define a set of commands that would easily allow one to address DriveWire, Floppy, IDE, and SCSI devices in the same ROM, and to do so without making the syntax difficult or strange.  We discussed a number of different proposals to do this.

This would be a dream come true - the flexibility I mentioned earlier
with the performance of a SuperIDE or TC^3.

Had the discussions reach a point where you were talking about device
detection - whether Super HDB-DOS would detect the mass storage on the
machine? Or would the user have to use a setup program, similar to what
we do during the initial setup of a SuperIDE?

> Time was a factor for me, and I assume others.  It's still a great idea, and I would hope it would gain some traction.

Heh... time isn't so much a factor for me this time of year. Lack of
skill in this department is...

Brian