[Coco] X word

Steve shfravel at shentel.net
Sat Dec 1 22:08:06 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-12-01 at 16:38 -0500, Bill Pierce wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Is there a copy of "X-Word" floating around anywhere? I've tried all the
> FTPs and repositories and can't seem to find it or any of the "X" series
> software for OS9.

Greetings!

You and I are both looking for the same thing.  I have disks for X-Word
somewhere in my collection, and I also have it copied on an old 40-meg
drive.  The problem is that I need to replace a few leaky electrolytic
capacitors in my old CoCo3 before I try powering it up again.  When I do
get things up and running again, one of the first things I want to do is
find it and copy it onto my laptop to use with VCC.

If anyone manages to scare up a copy of it, I'd really appreciate the
opportunity to get a copy.  If nobody can help, I'll try to get the old
system running again so I can copy off all my old software.  Either way,
I hope you and I both will soon have it again.  I've used a lot of
different editors back in the day, and I must say it was my favorite.

-- Steve Fravel