[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 114, Issue 26

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 10:50:38 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Andrew <keeper63 at cox.net> wrote:

> I'm sorry you've had so much trouble. I hope the ebay route goes better
> for you, though I understand (I think) why you wanted to do it yourself for
> better control (?) of where your stuff went...
>
> I tend to wonder, though, if this might not point to something missing,
> namely that of a private auction listing site, perhaps even exclusively
> dedicated to vintage/collector computing?
>
> I'm really surprised (though I haven't looked - maybe it exists?) that
> ebay hasn't set up a way to do private auctions; then again, they aren't
> really an auction site any more (they are still in "pretend mode" as they
> transition away)...
>
> If there were a site, though - perhaps dedicated to vintage/collector
> computing - designed for auctions and/or sales, that could allow the owner
> of the auction invite a list of users (and only those users) into the
> auction/sale; make the system somehow limit it to -only- those users (don't
> know how or if this is possible - maybe a form of 2-part authentication?)...
>
> The auction could be open to all vintage/collectors - or only a subset
> (CoCo, or Atari, or Altair) - depending on what/how the seller wants it...
>
> Just a thought.
>
> -- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona

I had a site for selling CoCo stuff linked off of tandycoco.com. Never got
used so I killed it.

I would be perfectly willing to create an auction site for folks wanting to
buy/sell/trade their classic computer stuff. But, if it doesn't get used....

--
Ohioan by birth, Floridian by the grace of U-Haul and a bad economy...
--------