[Coco] Lester Hands Lyra Author

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Aug 18 07:48:58 EDT 2012

lhands at peak.org wrote:
> Hi guys. You've given me a good idea for my first project. It has been 20
> years since I did anything with the CoCo and I am amazed to find a lot of
> on-going development for it! My first effort for the CoCo was Musica. I'm
> going to see what I can do to enhance it. Bill, have you already figured
> out how BW2 works?

Hi Lester,

Would you like a copy of the latest version of source code for your Lyra program
running under Basic?
I've adjusted it so that it can work with Drivewire as well as RGBDOS/HDBDOS,
meaning that the program and music can reside on a PC running the Drivewire
server with Lyra running on a Coco. The MIDI implementation on the PC is not as
good as using specific MIDI keyboards, but it is not too bad.

What is your latest effort on an OS-9 version of Lyra?

Robert