[Coco] Motorola Parts Missing in ExpressPCB

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 09:17:46 EDT 2012

On 15/08/2012 13:52, Louis Ciotti wrote:
> Yea it will be an uphill battle I think.  But really there are not
> many alternatives for the hobbiest out there that have a full feature
> set.
>
> I would try Eagle, but I don't like the "you cannot sell anything you
> make from this" restriction.  Will I ever sell a PCB design I make...
> probably not, but hey you never know and $800+ for a just in case is
> waaayyy too steep.

I have the hobby license for Eagle, and have produced boards that I have
designed with it. (Addon boards for the Acorn Atom and BBC, hopefully
also someday DragonMMC will come out of the prototype stage :) ).

When i asked the question on the Eagle newsgroup, one of the Cadsoft
people told me that it was ok to recover the cost of the boards.

So for example if you design something and get x number of boards made
at cost y each, you are allowed to pass on that cost as you would not be
profiting from it.

Cheers.

Phill.