[Coco] CP-400 pics available (was Re: CoCoFEST! 2012 Introduces LogiCall V7 for CoCo)

john dumas JohnDumas at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 13 13:45:32 EDT 2012

On 8/13/2012 6:45 AM, John Donaldson wrote:
> [Quote] The other main problem with mine is that the power switch is broken.
> It has a few swollen caps too... Oh, well, something to fix!
>
> Oh, to have the old days when one could repair our computers instead of throwing
> them away. Back when if you needed more memory, just piggyback another set of
> memory chips, bend out the access pin, cut a couple traces, use wire-wrap wire
> to re-route signals and such, and BINGO you just doubled the memory on the
> computer.
HA!
How well I remember my first *REAL* computer - the Mark8, as detailed
in Radio Electronics. The memory used was Intel 1101s (256 BITS ea!!!).
four rows of eight, giving 1Kby......wow.

Well, wanting more, I made a stack 4 high (doubled as a toaster oven)
giving me a whole 4KBy. I was in HogHeaven,,,,,And with 64 bytes of
bipolar fuze-link PROM: no more toggling in the boot with front panel
switches. Holy Fast Boot, Batman!

Yep, those were the days...........

cheers,
johnd