[Coco] CP-400 pics available (was Re: CoCoFEST! 2012 Introduces LogiCall V7 for CoCo)

Paulo Lindoso paulo.lindoso at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 22:00:52 EDT 2012

Outstanding state of conservation for a 30+-year old computer which must
have travelled quite a bit! :)

There was a "version 1" of the CP400 (which I owned, before switching to an
"original" 128K CoCo3), with a different keyboard (smaller keys, worse
experience) and two models: 32K and 64K with a standard cloned ECB 2.1.

As far as I remember, compatibility was 100% as Brazilian laws at the time
would protect local industries against international copyright
infringements... All they had to do was to "translate" ECB into Portuguese
(which essentially meant changing "Error" to "Erro" and other minor stuff)
and done!

One problem was that the expansion slot was 100% electrically and logically
compatible, but its form factor was completely different from Tandy's,
making it impossible for us to import Tandy cartridges and/or expansion
packs of any nature, not to mention 3rd party stuff...

These were romantic, somewhat innocent times in Brazilian computer scene...