[Coco] Virus'IDP.Program.D1B0A5C0' Detected In'CocoDiskUtilityPackv1.0.10.Zip' During Install

Sat Aug 4 10:14:09 EDT 2012

Hi,

I think perhaps you got two false positives in a row.

After the virus scare, when starting the V1.1.3 install you may have seen a
Spanish message box flash on the screen quickly replaced with an English
starting box.

If you cancel at that point there is a flurry of activity with lots of
Spanish messages while the install is backed out of.

As I just went forward with the install, and I have done it many times, the
install was successful.

I had my own false positive yesterday and reported it to the CoCo Forums
owner. He replied that he saw no problem like I was describing.

Today the problem went away.

So we all foul up, myself lots of time as you will see when I am corrected
on this list.

Finding out that I am wrong I consider positive, many of my best learning
experiences have occurred when I have been shown a better way or told that I
was totally wrong. I expect this and am glad when it happens and wish to
thank people for helping me learn more. You should see some of the posts on
Usenet, they get really nasty when someone makes a mistake.

Looking at the ~ eight CoCoDskUtil versions I have, the last four or five
are the only ones with an installer, and each installer is different!

Luis in his day job has to adapt to Microsoft's stream of new OS, each later
one having a harder install process. So he keeps changing installers. As
CoCo is a hobby for him, he just uses the one that he is currently using for
his paying customers. V1.1.3 he knows has problems. The term beta is mine.

We can help him by listing the problems, and with the new OS-9 support, it
will take our OS-9 experts to find many of them.

Please OS-9 people, join the CoCo Forums and post your nits and bug reports
there. I can find many of them but as you know, I make mistakes.

Thanks in Advance.

And Kip, hang in there. This list has many members willing and able to help,
much better than me for sure.

SHF