[Coco] Virus 'IDP.Program.D1B0A5C0' Detected In'CocoDiskUtilityPack v1.0.10.Zip' During Install

Thu Aug 2 20:36:56 EDT 2012

Hi,

I checked the 'CocoDiskUtilityPack v1.0.10.Zip' and Microsoft Security
Essentials found no problems. I unzipped the file using 7Zip and again
tested with Microsoft Security Essentials. No problem.

I also compared the zip with one that I downloaded 2/16/2012 and it matched.

I ditched AVG Internet Security long ago for many problems.

I did run v1.0.10 for a while, it looked generally OK and did work.

> I got was a bunch of dialogs in
> Spanish.

YES, this is correct. That's part of the reason that it is a Beta.

One of the tasks we English writers need to help with is the English
documentation including the English help file.

Luis has done great software, we users of his software need to help.

If you are interested only in looking at DECB disks, then stay with V1.0.10
for now.

If you wish to look at OS-9 disks, then help us with the beta and report
bugs found.

I was able to look at a few OS-9 disks and it appears to be generally
working.

Use the snipping tool to capture the dialogs you do not understand and
attach them to a CoCo Forums post.

Perhaps you are getting the same install messages that I learned to just
ignore with past versions.

Each new version has had different messages for installing, I had problems
myself until I discovered the big button.

Do you understand the term "beta" in connection with software development?

Have you understood the threads I have set up and when they should be used?

SHF