[Coco] Drivewire 3 cabling problem

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Mon Apr 30 08:54:23 EDT 2012

Sounds like you are having the same problems I was. I assume you are using the built in serial port of your computer, correct?
I wasn't able to go over 2 or 3 feet using the internal port on any of my intel motherboard (These are real intel branded boards.)
I installed a pci serial card, and I'm running the coco3 off of 2 serial cables plugged into each other for a total of 35'.
Works great on the card, doesn't work at all on the motherboard serial port. I think alot of the onboard serial ports are not following true rs232 specs for tx/rx voltages.

Later,
dabone