[Coco] Drivewire 3 cabling problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Apr 29 19:11:11 EDT 2012

Chad H wrote:
> Ok, so I got a 10ft DB-9 extension serial cable, chopped off the male end to
> replace with the CoCo 4-pin connector, but I'm not getting anything at all
> on the CoCo 2 except I/O Errors..  I enabled Logging on the DriveWire 3
> server, not showing anything there either.  Tried both serial ports, not
> sure what's going on.  I flipped the wires in case I was reading the pins
> inverted, still nothing.   Hooked CoCo 2 back up to printer and prints fine.

Make sure that the DW3 server shows Coco2 at 57,600 bps. If it does not, click on
the picture until it does. Make sure that the PC settings for the COM port
selected match 57,600 8,N,1.

Check the continuity of the cable with an ohm meter. Make sure that RX goes to
TX and TX goes to RX. There is no Vcc connection.