[Coco] [off-topic] cabling problems

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Wed Apr 18 18:23:12 EDT 2012

Get some of this.

http://www.amazon.com/AIR802-Outdoor-Ethernet-Network-Filled/dp/B001TBWWTQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1334787538&sr=1-2

Also, since you are 2 separate buildings, you also might want these on both ends.

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-DNET1-Suppressor-Terminals/dp/B0000510HR/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1334787625&sr=1-1

My customers and I have used this config on several runs, and it's very stable. Remember to install a box on each end, don't just stick an end on the cable.
This will prevent wear and tear on the main wire. Also, gel filled cable is kinda nasty to deal with, but no moisture is getting in there.

Later,
dabone