[Coco] General Midi was Drivewire VHD's

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Apr 17 21:09:37 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 05:26:33PM -0400, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> buying a synth, I would definitely experiment with the one quite
> likely built into your PC.. chances are it is a lot better than any of
> the synths used in the CoCo's heyday anyway :).

Hah, no doubt.  No, I have no immediate plans to buy any MIDI gear.  I
might stare longingly at the $10 walmart toy keyboards but they don't
have MIDI so they're safe from me. :-)

Late last century a friend of mine was looking at pickup up a new
keyboard (he wanted one with a more piano-like feel to the keys.  You
probably know what I mean) so we spent some time in music shops. I had
great fun getting a pair of headphones and slamming away on a keyboard
-- and being the only one aware of how crappy it must have
sounded. :-)  Fun though.

> I think the DW stuff might be easier than the impression I've given..

I honestly have no idea what the state of linux MIDI on my DW server
is. The way this goes is that linux and my hardware would give me more
issues than Drivewire itself.

Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard