[Coco] Problems with Drivewire 4

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 04:34:03 EDT 2012

FWIW, an adapter with the pl2303 chipset is what I use for primary
development of Drivewire 4.  It performs excellently on Windows 7 (my
main dev box) and I've never seen any trouble with it under linux or
on a mac, though my testing on box is much more limited than under
Windows.  I guess I am saying that this would not be my first guess at
where the trouble lies.

Most likely imho is the cabling between mac and coco.  If you have a
way to test continuity, check that your wiring matches the
specification.  You can use the com port setup wizard to verify basic
communication, but it is possible to have trouble that this test
doesn't reveal (it does not test communication from server to coco at
all, only from coco to server).