[Coco] COCO Robot update.

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Sat Apr 7 23:28:56 EDT 2012

I was not going to jump in this because there was very limited details
to what he wants the eyes to look like and do.

But the Picaxe 08m2 only costs about $3.00.  (I've even see it for
$2.50) and it will do everything the old Basic  stamp did and more.
That about the same cost as a few 555 timers and do a lot more.

As for getting setup with the Picaxe system, it's basically free. You
can build a programming cable out of your parts draw and hook up to a
RS-232 port on a Linux, Mac or Windows system .  (The Windows software
is still the best version.)  They do sell an USB programmer for those
that don't have an Rs-232 port.

I just about done with a LED Thunder and Lightning device for my
Halloween prop builders club with the $5 Picaxe 18m2+ chip and their $11
Power driver board.  Add an $10 MP3 player modules and it will Drive
high power 12 volt LED lights for the Lightning and plays the thunder
via the MP3 player.  The device even flickers LED flood lamps to light
up the haunted scene with background fire light.

The program only uses about 800 byte of the total 2,048 on the chip.
That's with both manual trigger and story mode in place.  I will use the
extra code space for system setup for the dimming factor of the
flickering LED lights.

These chips just don't have the code space for a full robot. But they
can run little Robo-Bugs and other simple hacker projects.

Steve