[Coco] COCO Robot update.

haywire666 at aol.com haywire666 at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 12:40:05 EDT 2012

Thanks guys, Brendan,

I always wanted to build one also. I suppose I have built a few but nothing that ever stayed together for too long. This one I want to survive long term so I'm taking things very slow this time and
trying to build a more permanent kind of thing...

I want I suppose half show robot half research robot capable of some useful things, and to be fun for parties I suppose serving drinks on a tray and whatever.

I think I'm going for simple these will work for my purposes and not worth hassle for 10 or 20$ :

http://www.horrorseek.com/home/halloween/wolfstone/HalloweenTech/anebuy_BuyLEDEyes.html

Off the shelf components rock! Thanks guys I think I found the solution for the eyes. Now I will be working on the robotic drive train or motorized base while I wait for the eye parts to
arrive so I can finish the head. I also found a color organ kind of component for a mouth. Its like a graphic eq that lights up and goes up and down as the robot speaks. Thats already working.

I will send pics to this list when I have a little more progress to show.

Best regards,

Steven