[Coco] High res joystick interface

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Tue Apr 3 15:21:17 EDT 2012

It occurs to me I've always wanted to try the hi res joystick interface out with my color mouse, but I've not actually verified that I know what it does.  What I've always assumed it does is take a single device (like my mouse) and split the X coord to one joystick port, and Y coord to other joystick port, and then using both the horizontal and vertical inputs of each port, give you 64x64 (4096) discreet positions instead of the normal 0-63 for each axis.

Question #1:  Am I right about the above?