[Coco] FD502 drive information

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Mon Apr 2 16:23:02 EDT 2012

Bill,
It's hard to say exactly since it's been a very long time and I don't have
one of these drives handy to look at, however....The terminating resistors
that I've worked with usually look like a chip and often times are not
black, they may be a yellowish / orange color, but don't hold me to that
any color is possible. Also, on most drives that they used them on, they
were typically in a socket so you can pop them right out or install them as
needed. Some looked like a chip with pins on both sides and some had pins
in just one side and stuck up in the air when plugged in. Another thing
about them, they aren't always a perfectly flat/squared off package, they
often look like something was molded over what's in side. On a floppy
drive, they are most likely the only device in a socket, but again don't
hold me to that. Finally, some drives don't have obvious terminating
resistors, so in that case, the termination might be done internally when
jumpers or whatever is used for the drive selection is set. The best thing
you can do is find a manual for the exact drive model you have and see
what's mentioned in there.