[Coco] Midwest VCF

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Tue Sep 27 01:53:41 EDT 2011

Boisy,

This is my second year going and both time had a great time with the day passing
in what seemed like an instant and getting home completely exhausted.

I don't think that back in the day you could have filled a room with a mix of commodor<SP?>,
atari, coco and sinclair users without at least one fight breaking out! :-) A lot of questions
and interest in the coco3fpga.

The Other Frank

BTW - I met a person involved with a group working on an interesting project of home made
8bit computers using "stackable" boards that appeared to be interchangable. The cpu, memory,
etc was on one board and things like I/O were on other boards. The person I spoke with was
working primarily on the board with the 6809 and mentioned that his long term goal was to get
OS9 working on it. I of course could mention that there is currently an open source version of
OS9 called Nitros9 and gave him your name as a possible contact. Don't know how interested you
are in helping and of course I didn't promise any help. :-) The name of the group is something
like n8vem home brew computers. If nothing else run the name through google and have a look.
It looks like a very interesting project and if I every run out of projects that I need to
work on I'm going to look into building one of their computers! :-)