[Coco] OT:Old computer magazine archives

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Sep 15 11:25:34 EDT 2011

Tony,

I'm glad you posted this, even if it has been posted in the past -
because I must've missed it!

By you posting it, you just let me get something I've been looking for
for a long time: K-Power Magazine Issue #1

Sure - I'd love the print version (I have all the others from when I was
a kid - with the exception of the "special issues"; I'm not sure why I
don't have those, but I'll download 'em too!) - but a digital version
will work for me too.

It was one of the first computer magazines "I" (my parents) subscribed
to (via a Scholastic flyer from my elementary school), right after the
Rainbow. My old issues are well worn, but still loved. I just never got
the first issue.

The first issue, of course, has the Whiz Kids cover; another 80's geek
series I'm a fan of (I have a set of DVDs I bought from a guy on Ebay
who ripped them from old VHS tapes - very bad quality, but I know of no
other way to get them; it was a very short-lived series, never went to
tape, and is certainly not available on DVD).

I'm also looking over the catalog of Compute! magazine on Archive.org;
lots there to browse, too! Wow - so much to see...

Thank you again!

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona